Ever wanted to explore nature with a guide by your side? Come experience a different side of Ontario Parks with us through staff-led programs, self-led activities, and interpretive displays.
Whether you’re a teacher, camper, or day visitor, there’s always something to discover.
*Park entry fees may apply
Leading programs since 1944
Programs, In-Park Resources & Self-Serve Activities
Certified Discovery Program Staff & Teachers
8,000+ programs per year
70+ provincial parks
Filling a class schedule that keeps your students engaged isn’t easy. Capture your student’s limited attention spans with curriculum-based topics delivered in a compelling and relevant way.
Reduce your prep time and let us teach a subject that we’re experts in!
- Attend programs in select parks led by our staff
- Let us bring the program to you in your classroom, schoolyard or a nearby nature place, available in select municipalities
- Have the full experience without the field trip via videoconference
- Access self-serve resources in English and French available through FlipGrid
Designed to enrich and extend the K-12 Ontario Science and Social Studies Curricula, our school programs provide first-hand experiences that promote:
- Active learning
- Responsible citizenship
- A connection to Ontario’s natural and cultural heritage
- An understanding of Ontario’s history through Indigenous and settler perspectives
- Virtual: Grade 7 Wolves of Algonquin
- Virtual: Grade 4 Species at Risk
- FlipGrid: First Nations, Métis, and Inuit Connections
- In Classroom: Ontario Parks Canadian Geographic Giant Floormat
So, step into Ontario’s largest outdoor classroom!Find virtual topics and request a booking
Request information about in-park and in-school programs along with self-use resources.
For some, camping has been your multi-generational tradition. For others, it’s your first time. No matter your experience with Ontario Parks, there are opportunities to explore parks in new ways for every camper of any age.
In-Park Discovery Programs:
- Explore a new trail and learn new skills on a staff-led guided hike
- Run and play with your kids in our children’s programs
- Check out a musical special event or an interactive evening program around a campfire or at an outdoor amphitheatre
- Paddle a voyageur canoe or tour a historic mine
- Meet fellow nature enthusiasts at a bio blitz or bird count
- Explore on your own with self-use trail guides and signs
- Learn about the park’s history in our Visitor Centres
- Stargaze under some of Ontario’s darkest skies
- Pick up activities to explore on your own at one of our exploration stations
- And so much more!
By spending time with our Discovery Program Staff, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Ask questions and share your experiences
- Learn new skills
- Gain confidence in nature and around wildlife
- Improve your connection to the park
- Meet other campers and visitors
- Participate in community science initiatives
- Entertain your kids off-screen
Find a park near you
Visiting for the day gives you limited time to explore. Make the most of it with interactive programs, apps, Visitor Centres, and more offered by our certified Discovery Program Staff and partners.
Our programs for campers [anchor link to campers above] are open to day visitors and offer a variety of subjects catering to first-time park users, visiting family and friends, and expert naturalists.
Explore at your own pace with Discovery Activity Books, available in all parks in English and French. Ask the park gate for a copy.
Find clues, solve puzzles, and complete adventures with Adventure Lab. A free, self-guided experience on your phone in select parks.
Curious about a creature or plant? Load a picture into iNaturalist on your phone so experts can identify it and provide you with more information. It’s free and easy to use.
Interact with our staff and ask your nature questions. Tag @OntarioParks and #AskAnOPNaturalist on Twitter with your photos or questions.